Lighting Design Consultant Professionals
LIGHTING THE WAY AHEAD
Originally formed to service the live entertainment business, Light Partners has widened its remit and now offers its expertise to clients who wish to add sophistication, sparkle, drama and interest to the broader architectural sector.
Utilising our expert knowledge of specialist lighting equipment and computerised control systems, Light Partners can offer a wide array of extraordinary illumination solutions that can enhance even the most ordinary surroundings.
Much of our more recent work incorporates sophisticated computer control of fixtures, enabling subtle changes of hue, saturation and luminance to be pre-programmed and remotely played back, thus creating ‘kinetic’ rather than merely ‘static’ illumination.
We work closely with developers, architects, builders, designers and landscapers to ensure that feature lighting is taken into consideration as an integral and crucial element in any project, large or small.
Each assignment we tackle is unique, with its own set of demands and constraints, but here is a typical timeline and summary of the services we offer:
- CONSULTATION & DESIGN SERVICES
- Meet with the prospective client, listen to their needs, wants and desires and determine budgets
- Consult and advise on alternative illumination styles based on exchanges of ideas and client feedback
- Agree provisional design, provide cost estimates and formally retain the services of Light Partners
- Research equipment options and explain relative merits, pros/cons of different system components
- Evaluate hardware choices, arrange fixture mock-ups if necessary
- Prepare draft lighting proposal with accompanying renderings illustrating concepts
- Present final lighting design
- EQUIPMENT SPECIFICATION & SUPPLY
- Provide specifications for all equipment along with supporting documentation including electrical/wiring schematics
- Liaise with client, owner’s representatives, architect, general contractor throughout process
- Agree installation schedule, prepare/pre-configure equipment and deliver to site
- INSTALLATION & PROGRAMMING
- Install equipment (or oversee/supervise installation by qualified electrical contractor)
- Program lighting states or kinetic light shows, set playback timings/conditions, test and commission system
- Train owner/end-user(s) in the operation of the completed system
- SUPPORT & MAINTENANCE
- Monitor installed system (via remote access if specified) and provide ongoing technical support
- Follow-up with light show edits, additional sequences or playback modifications (if required)
VIEW OUR LIGHTING DESIGN PORTFOLIO